FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jerry Anderson
August 1, 2013 480-607-7049
Local Agent Becomes PPACA Certified
Scottsdale, AZ – Jerry Anderson with Anderson Insurance Services became certified through The National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) new professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). This continuing education course for agents has been approved in all 50 states, and Anderson will receive 15 education credits from the Arizona Department of Insurance.
Anderson completed this 10-hour course to receive the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA and is prepared to counsel his/her clients on upcoming required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
“By taking this course, Anderson has joined an elite group who is uniquely qualified to assist clients in complying with the new law,” said NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein. “He/she understands how the market is likely to change over the next few years and is in the perfect position to advise families and businesses in planning for the future.”
Topics of study include:
- Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
- Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
- Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
- Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
- Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
- W-2 reporting, the summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
- The individual mandate, pre-existing conditions, and rating reform
- Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
- Employer pay or play
- Self-insured plans
Jerry Anderson comments, "The Affordable Care Act is changing the landscape of health insurance and this change is proving to be very complex. Between Grandfathered plans and premium subsidies, not mention new benefits and rates, many people might be confused as to whether they should apply for coverage on the state exchange or apply off the exchange. Taking the NAHU PPACA Certification Course enables me to help my clients in making the right decisions regarding their health
The course is delivered through NAHU's Online Learning Institute. More information is available at www.nahu.org.
The National Association of Health Underwriters represents 100,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans.